CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday 22 July 2011

It's been a while ....




... but the good news is I've passed my Degree and I've now got a 2:1 BA (Hons) Business Administration ...yay! I must admit to be very pleased, I never thought I'd get such a good result after all that's happened since I've been studying, losing both parents, battling cancer (twice) and working full time isn't easy at the best of times, least of all when you're studying for a degree. Still, I've done it and I've proved to myself that I'm made of solid stuff.


Chemo has begun again. The first one didn't go well and I had a really bad reaction to it which meant they had to stop immediately and put me on oxygen. It was very weird, I couldn't breathe, I had a horrible pain in my back and felt very hot within seconds of it getting into my blood stream. The oncology staff were amazing and had everything under control very quickly and reassured me that everything was going to be OK and that I was safe. The second chemo was much better they changed the drug to Docetaxol which I seem to have accepted so far but I've completely lost my sense of taste and everything feels like cottonwool in my mouth, it really is a horrid side effect.


I've done a little bit of artwork and very much enjoyed it. Still working through Ady's classes and loving them.



I've just uploaded Willowing's (Tam's) big giveaway details. She's starting a new class in January 2012 and I'm looking forward to joining in with that.



I've also started a Creative Writing course with my friend Wendy. So far so good but early days yet. I think I should really take a blog writing course but hey, can't do it all.

11 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Solid stuff indeed! What an achievement, you should feel really proud of yourself:)
I love your paintings, with the large eyes and almost feline features. Thankyou for your kind comments on my blog xx

Julia said...

Love the pictures - especially the raven haired beauty - stunning x

Helen said...

lovely pictures, hope the rest of your chemo goes well and you get your taste back soon.

Ingrid said...

you're so brave, beautiful! sending you lots of love and healing thoughts!

Dee said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comments everyone. That's really very kind of you all.

Unknown said...

hi hot stuff.

i didn't know how to answer your question, so here i am doing it on your comments section :)

i'm surprised to hear that it goes on grey. what sort of beeswax are you using? when i lay mine on too thick it looks cloudy, but only off-white-ish.

i lay mine down by heating it up in a hotpot. if you haven't got one, use a small crockpot.

after it's all melty like, brush it onto your painting or collage or whatever. You will Not be able to ever use this brush for anything else ever again other than beeswax, so save it for next time.

okay, so see how your painting now looks awful because the wax is all clumpy and you can't even see through it in spots? right. let's fix that.
option 1.
get out a heat gun (like the embosser thingie). blow the wax all around and tilt the painting up and down and side to side letting all of the excess run off. this takes a bit but it's soothing and ultimately will look cool. let it dry.

orrr
option 2. use a quilting iron (i *Finally* bought one myself. they're pretty inexpensive) and smush the lumpy thick spots down.
i think i still resorted to using my heat gun to blow the extra lumps away though.

but really. check on the quality of the wax you are using. it ought to smell DIVINE and awesome when you are heating it.

ok.
latergator.

xx,
a

Felicia said...

Hi Dee, if you're selling art like this you should have no problem, its gorgeous!!
I do lots of craft fairs, but beware of the cost. I find prints and fridge magnets sell best and make your stall as eyecatching as possible!
Best of luck x x

Unknown said...

Wow Dee. I am so amazed by you. What incredible achievements. You are such an inspiration. The next time I think I can't do something, I'm going to think about you. Congrats!

Dee said...

You're very kind, thank you for your lovely comments ladies.

scrapbookertink said...

Love your artwork, take care, Doreen x

Unknown said...

Hi Dee, lovely to meet you. Came here from Willowing.ning.
Congratulations on getting where you are. I take my hat off to you. Stay strong and positive.
Love your artwork, by the way.
Best wishes,
Kyles =D