CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 17 December 2009

Things to be glad about ...

In true Pollyanna style I have many things to be glad about. The main one being that I now have the time to embark on my more creative hobbies ... yay, I knew there would be a plus side to chemo.

Numero Uno (1)

Through a very talented lady called Becky Hilgendorf, I have been introduced to SuziBlu's folk art workshops and I've just signed up to one called Petit Dolls. A kind of folksy art based mixed media thingamejig. It starts in January but I can't wait to get started. Update, Suzi's uploaded the videos early so we can get started. I begun to play last night (19th Dec) and I'm absolutely loving it.

Doss (s)

Yeah I know that probably isn't how the Spanish spell it but I am no doubt good at dossing and wasting time musing over muses and stuff like that. I'm gonna come back to No 2 - I'm sure there is one but for now I'm just glad to have enrolled on the art course.

What've I been creating lately? ummm these

and this ... for a UKS Challenge ...



8 comments:

Leah said...

those flowers are gorrrrgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee - I've just found you through Suzi Blu's Petit Academy and thought I'd say "Hi".

I'm doing Goddess & the Poet and Angels at the moment and really loving it, just wish I had more spare time to play with it all.

Anyhow, because I'm enjoying what I'm learning so much and I don't know the meaning of "enough", I'm signing up for the January Petit Dolls as well - so we'll see each other in there!

Dee said...

Thanks Leah, I found them on the Cut out and Keep website. It's basically singed synthetic fabric (but done very carefully obviously) lol.

Dee said...

Anne, thanks for contacting me. Looking forward to embarking on the Petit Dolls with you :-)

Darcy Marshall said...

wow Dee I love,love,love those flowers.Beautiful.xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers and LO! I love Suzi's class so far too! Can't wait to see what you do!

Lynn said...

Hi, Dee xx
I didn't know you had a blog, so I've just caught up. I'm lost for words about much I've missed. Keep strong, hun.
Lots of love xx Lynn

Lille Diane said...

I'm in CED, too. Are the flowers for clothing and hair??? I adore them! You should set up an etsy store an sell your art. Seriously!